Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkwandt

dkwandt

I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 am

great place isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 am

Monks is open. I drank beer there this past Saturday. I was going to bring some beers to the meeting but I drank them Sad sorry.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 pm

REPORTS OF MONKS CLOSING ARE FALSE. i went last month, and called to be sure.

fact is very few people (from there) even know it exists. for example, of the 80 guys i work with in the guards only one had an idea of where it was, and none have been there, and they all live there.

problem is you ask about a brew pub, and they go ah... i don't think they are open anymore.

remember it is specialty beer, no one othere than the bottle shop i mentioned even comes close to there selection.

mike i was hoping you would tell him about a few of the fine beers i pick up down there for you. especial because he likes saisons so much.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:53 am

I don't have much to contribute for suggestions, but I do have a piece of info. When Randi and I were in Sioux Falls about a month ago, we were talking to some folks about Monk's. According to them, it's actually closed now, but we didn't confirm that ourselves.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 am

monks is not a brew pub, but has a shit load of beer.

they have an old chicago as well lots of beer, nothing like monks though.

then there is the same brewing resturant that they have in fargo, i don't think they brew at the site though.

by far Monks is the best and they have those really nice growlers Mike F. always brings.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:29 pm

i will be bringing some beer down as well.

if you have some time give me a call.
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks bud
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:06 pm

yes,

Monks is the only pub with extrodinary beers, it is down by the railroad tracks. they have a beer bible for you to look through. (605) 338-2328, 420 E 8th St, Sioux Falls, SD

http://www.monkshouseofalerepute.com/

then for your hotel room go to taylors pantry 41st and minnesota

Good Spirits Fine Wine & Liquor
3300 S Minnesota Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
605-339-1500

you will love the selection at both, i have gotten some really great stuff from both. ask tyler and Mike P.

there are a shit load of belgians i will be ther friday and sat night, leave sunday.
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:46 pm

I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up?   I am going to Sioux Falls this weekend anyone know any cool brew spots or beers I should pick up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1