A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  CalendarCalendar  Calendar  FAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Share | 

Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled

Go down 
AuthorMessage
randi philleo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 am

Doesn't really matter to me, which ever works best for you guys. I just hope it's nice out *crosses fingers*

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 am

OK... just a thought
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 am

I'm in agreement with Randi, and not just because she's my wife. Last year, I think the lines got a bit long and having 3 different stations will split that number of guests into thirds and keep traffic moving. Even though we need some folks on the grill, that can be remedied, and it looks like we have enough people to do 3 serving stations, so I don't think there's a reason not to. In addition to that, Eric D. just donated 3 more beers, so that's all the more reason to ensure we have the load distributed between several tables to prevent foot traffic from backing up.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 am

Hmm... good to know. If you think its manageable that way, I guess I don't ever serve so I have no idea how it is back there. I thought a third station would kind of break up the lines a little. We had enough malty entries to do a full station for just those, and enough fruit beers to put on their own station, and then a catch all station for the rest. The main reason for that was because a lot of folks suggested last year that it would be nice if we could make it easier to sample like beers side by side.

Maybe, we could keep the third station, but cut down to two servers with maybe a few runners to help in places needed?

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 am

I will help wherever needed. But may I suggest 2 tables instead of 3? 2 years ago Frolich and I served from 15 brews and was able to keep up. We were busy for sure but kept up. This would free up some volunteers to help otherwise as well. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin

PostSubject: Oktoberfest Job List: Need spots filled   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:29 am

We've got a large amount of beers this year so we decided to break them down into 3 serving stations of 7 to 8 beers. We've also got way more beers than volunteers! In order to allow everyone some time to enjoy Oktoberfest, we broke the serving schedule into shifts. The first shift is 3-5 and the second is 5-7. Now, this does thin the amount of servers, so if anyone feels like the could handle 2 shifts with a break in between, please let me know. If you're not busy serving I'm also looking for someone to cover the grill. We could do the grill by the hour. So if your not serving, and want to grill, please let me know.

Serving Station #1
3-5 shift
--Ivan
--Ryan P
--Ted H

5-7 shift
--Mike T
--Tyler M
--Mike P

Serving Station #2
3-5 shift
--Ryan J