Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Wrong Yeast from Midwest!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

Wrong Yeast from Midwest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:31 pm

dpnelson1978 wrote:
Wishing I didn't live 450 miles away!

I just made three 5-gallon batches a week ago using the same recipe, but three different Belgian yeast strains from Wyeast:

1214 Belgian Abbey Ale
1388 Belgian Strong Ale
3787 Trappist Ale
Well, it could be worse. They could've sent you some Brett/bug combos! At least you have an excuse to brew some delicious Belgian beers. As the resident Belgian beer aficionado, I salute you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:40 am

Wishing I didn't live 450 miles away!

I just made three 5-gallon batches a week ago using the same recipe, but three different Belgian yeast strains from Wyeast:

1214 Belgian Abbey Ale
1388 Belgian Strong Ale
3787 Trappist Ale
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Derek wrote:
Randi, That sounds like a great idea, the club can have them. Do you know anyone who likes to make a belgian style beer? I think making a yeast starter with the group is a good idea, the only reason why I'm not going to use them is because I've never done one nor see one.
It's a little-known fact about me, but I'm a fan of the Belgian styles, haha. I think it'd be a great opportunity to show the club members how to make a yeast starter. In fact, you may want to keep one of the remaining ones to try for yourself after you see how it's done.
Back to top Go down
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Randi, That sounds like a great idea, the club can have them. Do you know anyone who likes to make a belgian style beer? I think making a yeast starter with the group is a good idea, the only reason why I'm not going to use them is because I've never done one nor see one.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Oh no! Well, I'm sure someone out there would like a tasty Belgian. If you'd like to donate them to the group, we could use them in a group brew and make the yeast starter with the whole group.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
Derek

PostSubject: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Hey Guys,

Midwest sent me 2 propagators instead of activators so they are up for grabs if anyone wants them let me know one is a Belgian Witbier propagator and the other is a Belgian Abbey propagator.

Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Yeast from Midwest!   Wrong Yeast from Midwest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrong Yeast from Midwest!
Page 1 of 1