Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 am

Woohoo! Count me in!

Let's shoot for a really big Masher turnout. FYI, Deer (Gun) Season isn't until November 9 - 25. So no excuses! AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? Duck_hunt_smiley

Anyone who can, bring your system over! You can come early to set up or even bring it over the night before. We'll have food and snacks, as well as a FULL keg of whatever we brew as our Oktoberfest Demo. This is a great event to invite your neighbors, friends, or coworkers that always tell you that "they'd really like to try brewing." Since it's free, what have you got to lose!?

For more info, visit our Learn to Homebrew Day webpage.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 am

In the interest of saving time, I'll simply say that Randi and I are in agreement with Ivan. It doesn't pay for the club to put out a great deal of resources if there's not all-but-certain benefit. If people haven't gone to easier to find locations in previous years, holding the event at our home probably won't hurt whatever attendance we get very much. Given that, Randi and I will officially have our home as the event location so Jayme will be able to get the word out when he is interviewed at URL Radio tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:45 am

If we have turnout like we did for big brew day, it would be a waste of money to rent anything. I hope that is not the case but based off of what you have said there was in the past I am guessing there possibly won't be too many there. Time doesn't change until the sunday ater this so it will be getting dark early as well. That being said I would be up for having it there if you are willing to host.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 am

Okay, so I'd like your opinion. Would it be okay to have Learn to Homebrew Day at our place?

I know there's ups and downs to both the community center and our home. My biggest concern is that we spend $95 for the park, and bad weather hits, and we have a poor turn out. My other concern since we had wanted to do this a little later in the day is that it will be dark by 6'oclock and we'll have to be outside at the park. Where as, we can keep the garage mostly closed off at my place. We could get several systems in the garage easily, plus we've got the floor drain. The biggest knock for hosting at the Philleo's is the location. All I could do would be to make up maps with the location date and time to hand out at Oktoberfest (same as we did last year).

What are all of your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm

That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Awesome!
I think we should. Do a pair again probably and/or tasters.
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I have it lined up for next week Friday at 9:00 am! Should we give away tickets again?
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:48 pm

I just e-mailed Stacey Sterm to see if she has some time to do another interview for Oktoberfest like she did last year. I will keep you updated with the results. drunken
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 pm

I emailed Lauren Kalberer about it. I've known her for a quite a while.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 am

That's a good idea Jayme!

I've got a list of news places to contact to see if they'll get some coverage of Oktoberfest, if any of them show up we could certainly do a shout out for Learn to Homebrew Day too.
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:27 am

I could do another URL radio deal again. Promote the Oktoberfest and the Learn how to homebrew day. Basketball Just bouncing a thought
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm

I thought free beer brought everyone in, LOL!

We'd do food too. I'm up for suggestions. What would everyone like?
Back to top Go down
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Sure, why not. Besides just advertising that this is happening at Oktoberfest, is there anything we could do to motivate people to show up, other than the promise of free beer?
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Fantastic Jayme!

Anyone else in?
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm in. I'll bring my own ingredients and brew an all grain.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 pm

AHA Learn to Homebrew Day falls on November 3rd, BEFORE hunting season finally!

We need a few brewers that can agree to bring out their system on that day, for public demonstrations. If we can get a few people to do either all grain or partial grain, we'll rent the Sertoma Community Center for the half day, and hold an open shindig there. We can crack open the keg of whatever we brew at Oktoberfest.

Is anyone interested in attending? Is there anyone able to bring out a system for this event? Would it help if the club got all the ingredients?

Please respond as soon as you can, so we can make fliers for this to give out at Oktoberfest.

If we don't have enough interest, we won't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?   AHA Learn to Homebrew Day? Empty

Back to top Go down

AHA Learn to Homebrew Day?
Page 1 of 1