Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum   Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:55 am

I can attest that this is a great way to double check your recipe calculations. I use it a lot to verify my efficiency. It's really quite nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum   Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Nice link.

I've been using Beer Calculus, but this has some nice features as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum   Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 pm

This one's a long time coming. Like the blurb says, share a recipe you've dialed in or get some input on a work in progress. While you're at it, here's one of the best (online) homebrew recipe calculators - in case you didn't check it out on the main site.

http://powersbrewery.home.comcast.net/~powersbrewery/mastercalculator.html

Bookmark it, use it, love it. It's got tons of ingredient options and will calculate your potential SRM, IBU, ABV and other 3 letter acronyms for you. Best part is, you can save your recipe as a code, at the bottom of the page, and reload it easy as nothing, just save the code in a wordpad file or whatever Mac users have (just kidding, Mike).

Since it's no big secret, I'll show an example of one of the codes. Here's one for our club stout, the Muddy River Masher Motor Oil stout - quite a mouthful to say and drink:

Code:
^^^58^47^5.5^90^9^4^77^100^8.8^0.3^0.8^0.7^0.4^0.3^77^77^10^66^66^4^42^42^1^9^9^1^82^81^1^12^12^0.2^84^83^0.2^18^18^2^57^57^15^1.5^60^0^1^5^0.5^30^0^1^20^0.5^20^0^1^42^2^15^0^1^0^0^0^0^1^0^0^0^0^1^0^63^155^1.2^^^154^Yeast used: Wyeast Imperial Blend and Safbrew S-33^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^11^6^5.7^5^0^0^0.2^

Just copy that code and paste it into the window that pops up when you click on "Load Recipe."

I look forward to seeing some of the recipes the rest of you come up with. Of course, upon request, I can provide the recipe for the Sweet and Sour ale. Razz

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum   Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing the MRM Recipe Forum
Page 1 of 1