Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Class again tonight and what to brew.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkwandt

dkwandt

Class again tonight and what to brew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:19 pm

glad to hear it, i may have sparked the intrest of two new guys to the club! i will see, i think both are buying tickets from me, which will have me down to one ticket! (nice problem to have)

Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Just one guy..but thats all it takes..i did brew the ESB as below with the areomatic..My starting og for 5.5 gals was 1.060 ...No i have 3 fermenting and one lager in the fridge and one IPA in the fridge to keg today..and 2 in kegs now..so i am getting caught up...and will think about holiday brew next..Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:26 am

how did the class go?
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 pm

thats what i will do and i will use Thames Valley yeast which is fairly clean tasting.. thanks..Jeff
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 pm

All the information I've dug up seems to suggest that Aromatic is almost a stronger Munich.

I definitely wouldn't swap it out for Munich in your recipe (it might end up being too much), but I could see replacing half of the Munich with Aromatic. By having both, you'll create a bit of complexity that you might not have been able to get any other way.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:46 am

If i brew an ESB and change the 1pound 4 oz's Munich to Aromatic will i get simler taste and better aroma?? I have not used aromatic yet...or should i maybe change one of the 3 crystals 60,20,120 ,,,or just add some extra aro matic??

Amount Item Type
9 lbs 4.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (2.0 SRM) Grain
1 lbs 4.0 oz Munich 10L (Briess) (10.0 SRM) Grain
10.4 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain
8.0 oz Wheat - White Malt (Briess) (2.3 SRM) Grain
4.0 oz Caramel Malt - 20L (Briess) (20.0 SRM) Grain
1.6 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM) Grain

Add first wort hops to boiler at start of sparge
Amount Item Type
1.00 oz Fuggles [3.10 %] (80 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops
60 min 1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.90 %] (60 min) Hops
15 min 1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
10 min 0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.90 %] (10 min) Hops

-- Steep Hops
Amount Item Type
0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.90 %] (5 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops

Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:29 am

i have to decide fast as i have to get the yeast out..was thinking an ESB again..as i have 3 ipa's and one amerillo ale in secondarys{ I always keep them in for 3-4 weeks and last days in 32 degree lager fridge.}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class again tonight and what to brew.   Class again tonight and what to brew. Empty

Back to top Go down

Class again tonight and what to brew.
Page 1 of 1