Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

wyeast 2112 - California Lager

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

wyeast 2112 - California Lager Empty
PostSubject: Re: wyeast 2112 - California Lager   wyeast 2112 - California Lager EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Tyler when i said that i was only refering to the research that i have did...now i have never did what you want so like you said "I thought it May" and i hope someone has had the Actuall experience as other wise it is again a guess or from research....thanks for the confidence of at least asking i do appreciate it..Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: wyeast 2112 - California Lager   wyeast 2112 - California Lager EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:05 pm

put foam insulation around it, on an outside wall, maybe close to a window, and you should be able to drop it a few more degrees. should be fine, but you want to get it as cool as you can
Back to top Go down
ted hoffman

ted hoffman

PostSubject: Re: wyeast 2112 - California Lager   wyeast 2112 - California Lager EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm

I used the 2112 to brew a cal common that was welll recieved at the last club meeting I attended even tho it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted it. My ferm temp was in the 64-66 degree range.
Back to top Go down
mathwich

mathwich

PostSubject: wyeast 2112 - California Lager   wyeast 2112 - California Lager EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:48 am

I'd like to try a lager - My basement is 68 degrees and I think I could find a cool spot a couple degrees cooler. I was thinking I might try Wyeast 2112 mainly because the temp range is listed as 58-68 degrees. I talked to Jeff today and he was saying it might get kinda funky with the warmer temps. Does anyone have any experience running 2112 that warm? Alternatively, I'd probably go with teh 1272, American Ale II.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mathwichphotography.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wyeast 2112 - California Lager   wyeast 2112 - California Lager Empty

Back to top Go down

wyeast 2112 - California Lager
Page 1 of 1