Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

finally keg 15 gallons..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

finally keg 15 gallons.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: finally keg 15 gallons..   finally keg 15 gallons.. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:11 pm

if i dont drink what i bring by then...but will just fill more..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: finally keg 15 gallons..   finally keg 15 gallons.. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 pm

it will be next week then!
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: finally keg 15 gallons..   finally keg 15 gallons.. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:59 pm

last nite i didnt get a chance to bottle any..but will try tonight...or thursday...for friday....
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: finally keg 15 gallons..   finally keg 15 gallons.. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm

so when can i taste some? Smile
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: finally keg 15 gallons..   finally keg 15 gallons.. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 am

I finally kegged some beer last nite...the first batch i did on my system was a ryepa...and the temps did take offf on me as it was first brew...was 170 just like that..and then took long time for me to figure hos to cool and the beer turned out with a FG of 10.30 as the high temps made for unfermentables...but with the high hops the sweetness does not taste to bad..not to style of course but i think many would like it...then the second batch was better but still had high temps and finished at 1.020 and was acceptable for the beer....and the lager pilsner trial i did on my old system in august and finsished at 1.010 and is clear and is good for those lighter beers ....i was going to try and put the 5 gallons i did not keg from the first beer in warm room and see if it will go lower, but if have doubts.. now the rest of the brews i did wont have the high temp problems as i did learn fast ....and with the second temp guage on the mash kettle it really is much easier to keep control witht the reciculating fluid.....nuff for now Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally keg 15 gallons..   finally keg 15 gallons.. Empty

Back to top Go down

finally keg 15 gallons..
Page 1 of 1