Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Oktoberfest information for Members

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

Oktoberfest information for Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 am

Not a problem. Here's the working lists that I'm using. If anything changes it'll be here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:11 pm

thank you so very much! great job!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:55 am

Tentative Schedule

TimeEvent
1:00Brewers begin set up
2:00Start Taking Tickets
2:00-8:00Grilling Station Manned
2:30 -5:00Extract Kit Demo
3:00 - 6:00Live Band Plays
5:00 -8:00Partial Mash Demo
6:00Read off Raffle Winners
8:00Begin Clean up
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:40 am

Looks good! Thanks for the update. I was wondering when we needed to be there.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 am

Anyone that donated a beer needs to be there by 1 to help set up and be able to help take down. This is the current volunteers list. I volunteered a couple of my family members, because they're free and don't drink much. I don't have the schedule typed out, but I'll clean it up and post it by the end of the day.

Volunteers List

Serving:
Mike Philleo
Mike Frohlich
Mike Thomas
Jayme Glaser
Steve Mayer

Brew Demo
Dennis Kwandt
Jeff Kohler

Grill
Mike Wilson
Calvin Anderson

Door Tickets and Bands
Tyler Schmalz
Jaci Neuberger

Raffle Table
Lynnae Neuberger

Relief
Matt Gartner
Tyler Schmalz
Jaci Neuberger
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:22 am

yeah i am curiuos as well, i have never helped with such an event, and would like an idea of how it will run and or look.

i have spoke with jeff as far as the demonstrations go, i planned on brewing an extract kit first then he was going to do the partial mash later, does this work for the clubs schedule? and when would you like me to start that? or jeff to start?
jeff correct me if i am wrong we are using your set up, but i am bringing my kit and my carboy. plus should we show how easy it is to clean and sanitize as well? how far are we going with this? i am a schedule or planner type guy so if there is a schedule please please please let me see it so i feel a bit less anxious. and jeff brings up a good point below, who is setting up and who it taking stuff down? so the club knows i intend to be there from 2-8 but will get there a bit early, to help with set up i just don't want to look foolish with the demo! jeff call me or let me know i would be happy to help you load your stuff and unload aswell, as for clean up that will be a long day, i will help if i am not wiped out! and finally serving we are serving our beers right? so i will need help serving mine when i am doing the demo. i offer to help jeff with his demo, but if anyone else wants to help him or i, i don't think we will turn it down! i personally would really appreciate they help of a seasoned kit brewer, like michael j. thomas or tyler, jesse! (hell anyone, to help save my ass! lol!
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: setup   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Question..is there a plan for setup? like someone or two in charge of CO2 and lines and taps and containers for keeping kegs and bottles..,,,then someone for ice,,,, someone for food and condiments ect,,,,,someone or three for cooking{I am bringing 2 grills and gas},,,Someone or 2 for tablecleaning and serving wares{cups knives forks ect} and someone for ticket table and setup for the drawing and raffles.....then someone or two for cleanup afterwards ect.....

What did i miss? and do we need presidential appointments or start voulenters??
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 am

i hope we get a stout i have at least 2 folks who enjoy the darker beers!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 am

So far in addition to your Amber, there will of course be an Oktoberfest, a Marzen, an IPA, a Honey, a Brown, and I'm hearing some rumors about a Red, a Stout, and possibly a Belgian or two.

We've got a really great variety going so far. If anyone else would like to help out, you can still donate your brew.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:51 am

so randi what kind of brews have been donated? i have had some inquiries. i know i am donating an amber. thanks.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Awesome, sounds great! I'll have tickets at the next meeting for sure. Starting next week, I hope to have our online sales up for the attendees that signed to be able to pre-order from last years event.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

tickets, i was not a member last year but feel i can sell some tickets, do you want a quanity i could sell? 5-10 i think. let me know.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:43 pm

The 2010 Oktoberfest will be held on Saturday, October 2nd, from 2pm - 8pm.

What is the Oktoberfest?
The Oktoberfest is the Muddy River Mashers annual fundraiser. We ask our members to share their homebrew with the public. The Mashers sell tickets to the event. Ticket holders get to drink, chat with the brewer, enjoy beer brats, and watch a homebrew demonstration. Tickets sell for $25 each. We do have a limited amount of tickets to sell. Tickets will be going on sale soon to those who signed up last year to pre-order. Feel free to post any questions you have about the Oktoberfest here and read the Oktoberfest Guidelines for more information regarding the event.

Forms
Donate your homebrew
Submit ticket sales

Oktoberfest information for Members Mrm_ok10

Last edited by randi philleo on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest information for Members   Oktoberfest information for Members Empty

Back to top Go down

Oktoberfest information for Members
Page 1 of 1