Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JaymeG

JaymeG

Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:02 pm

If I am avail the date of the meeting count me in! bounce
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Ellen want's to meet up and see if we can come to a win-win... whether that is some how incorporating both events or just holding them at different times, I'm not sure. Either way, we'll stick with Oct 6th... since we've already paid the fee for it (ironically enough, I made the reservation just a few days ago). We'll keep everyone updated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 pm

I just don't understand Mandan having an Oktoberfest. Bismarck I can more understand. I agree with us holding our date as is. If Mandan moves theirs then great, if not then we'll see how the power of homebrew holds up to commercial. I stand that true beer lovers will go to homebrew over commercial due to the fact that they can purchase what will be offered right at the store (if they haven't already). Where as for us, they cannot purchase our brews to have at their own wishes. Yes we share & give them out but there are some brews that show up to our event that are never made again or awesome expiriments whether it was on porpose or mistake. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

I appreciate you letting us know, Mike. Like Randi said, we've already got the reservation made. To the best of my knowledge, our club's Oktoberfest, having started several years back, is the original Bismarck (Mandan too?) area Oktoberfest. Although I don't know what events have come and gone years prior to ours, I'm sure you get my point. I'll contact Ellen and see if there's some sort of understanding we can arrive at. If not, we will continue with our scheduled date as we always have. Just because it's the city of Mandan, I don't think we should back down and move our date because, my understanding is that we were the first to hold the event. Worst case scenario, we will simply "market" our event as the original Bismarck Oktoberfest and let people decide for themselves which one they want to attend. Either way, I'd wager our beer will be better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks for the heads up Mike. We'll have to look into our options. We do already have reservations for the shelter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 am

Hi all,

Just an informative shout out, but Mandan is also trying to plan an Oktoberfest for the 5th & 6th of October hoping to attract around 1000-3000 people. I just received a call about it yesterday. Not sure that we want to move our event, but wanted to inform members of a possible conflict for ticket sales, etc.

You could also call Ellen Huber, Mandan City Planner, and mention to her that she might want to move the date back Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th   Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th Empty

Back to top Go down

Oktoberfest - Oct. 6th
Page 1 of 1