Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Future Beer Tasting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Future Beer Tasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Website has been updated again!

www.edwinton.com

(still some typos, but Brian will fix that)

You can now sign up for newsletter updates through the website in case you aren't interested in Facebook or Twitter.

They will be sent out once per month to update people on our progress.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:58 pm

dpnelson1978 wrote:
Quote :
you're welcome to pick my brain or whatever you may have in mind

I can guarantee that we will take you up on that offer.

Do you have a contact e mail where I could reach you?

dpaul.nelson@edwinton.com
Excellent, glad to be of help.

My e-mail contact is the same as on the website officer's page.

mphilleo@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 am

Quote :
you're welcome to pick my brain or whatever you may have in mind

I can guarantee that we will take you up on that offer.

Do you have a contact e mail where I could reach you?

dpaul.nelson@edwinton.com
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:10 am

dpnelson1978 wrote:
We really see a local connection with home brewers (and those with professional experience "!") to be essential to our success.

I mentioned Muddy River Mashers when I was talking to the Tribune today. Still not sure how the article will turn out, but it will appear in this Sunday's Business Section.
That's one thing I've always appreciated about the craft/micro brewing industry, the understanding and connection those entrepreneurs have to their roots. It always shows in the product and support is given in return.

For what it's worth, I've spent my tenure at a microbrewery in central Wisconsin and can appreciate the challenges it entails to start one. If it's any help to you, you're welcome to pick my brain or whatever you may have in mind. Best of luck to you in your endeavor as well, Paul!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Yeah, there are a lot of hurdles, and your advice would be invaluable. I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about.

We really see a local connection with home brewers (and those with professional experience "!") to be essential to our success.

I mentioned Muddy River Mashers when I was talking to the Tribune today. Still not sure how the article will turn out, but it will appear in this Sunday's Business Section.

There will also be a lot of updates made to the website by Sunday. We are looking forward to tracking the response to the article.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

dpnelson,

I wasn't able to say anything about our plans when I first saw your post. I look forward to hearing more about your plans. I'm not sure about you, but I could see us developing a nice partnership down the road while tackling the issues craft brewers face in ND. I've been there before, and it can be a tricky environment. Look forward to meeting you someday.

By the way, I really like the logo you have developed. Very clean, very sharp! Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:30 pm

A bit of an update:

The splash page is now up at www.edwinton.com!

Will be adding a few links to "background", "company history", and "pictures" over the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm

dpnelson1978 wrote:
Hello Muddy River Mashers,

My name is Paul Nelson, and as some of you may be aware my family is in the planning stages of opening Edwinton Brewing Company in Bismarck in late summer of 2011.

Twitter: #edwintonbrewing
Facebook: Edwinton Brewing Company
Website: www.edwinton.com (Still under construction, Sorry! Look for it in mid March.)

This is an organic (economically, not ingredients, sorry) venture that will start very small, and grow only with the support of the community. The company's goal is first and foremost to cultivate a family hobby gone wonderfully mad, but we also know that a community like Bismarck deserves a brew to call its own. To that point, we can't do it all on our own. Edwinton is looking for tasters to help us fine tune the final product, and make Edwinton a long term reality rather than an extravagant money sink. We will have tastings starting in early May that will occur at a rate of about 6 brews per month. If you are interested in giving honest, constructive feedback and being a part of our future please send contact information to:

E Mail: info@edwinton.com

Hope to hear from all of you soon! (And please pass the word!)

Sincerely,

David Paul Nelson
Edwinton Brewing Company
Word has definitely preceded you on this. I think local brewing establishments can only add to the tapestry of local culture here in Bismarck. It probably won't be too terribly hard to find folks who would love to help you evaluate your beers. Our club members come from all over the community, so you would certainly be able to get a good sample of the population here. Best of all, they are all seasoned beer tasters, with tongues attuned to small-batch, hand-crafted brews. When we get closer to that time, I'd certainly volunteer my time and tastebuds to your cause.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:28 am

Hello Muddy River Mashers,

My name is Paul Nelson, and as some of you may be aware my family is in the planning stages of opening Edwinton Brewing Company in Bismarck in late summer of 2011.

Twitter: #edwintonbrewing
Facebook: Edwinton Brewing Company
Website: www.edwinton.com (Still under construction, Sorry! Look for it in mid March.)

This is an organic (economically, not ingredients, sorry) venture that will start very small, and grow only with the support of the community. The company's goal is first and foremost to cultivate a family hobby gone wonderfully mad, but we also know that a community like Bismarck deserves a brew to call its own. To that point, we can't do it all on our own. Edwinton is looking for tasters to help us fine tune the final product, and make Edwinton a long term reality rather than an extravagant money sink. We will have tastings starting in early May that will occur at a rate of about 6 brews per month. If you are interested in giving honest, constructive feedback and being a part of our future please send contact information to:

E Mail: info@edwinton.com

Hope to hear from all of you soon! (And please pass the word!)

Sincerely,

David Paul Nelson
Edwinton Brewing Company
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Beer Tasting   Future Beer Tasting Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Beer Tasting
Page 1 of 1