Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Beer Contest/Tasting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

Beer Contest/Tasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 am

That's true, its probably not certified (I couldn't find it on the BJCP list), but most still follow the same rules. Its easier than trying to write up a new set. 

Good luck hiding your beers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
MadisonJ

MadisonJ

PostSubject: Re: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Still waiting to hear back on the details, but i wouldnt be surprised if its not a "certified" event. 

Ill be there to deliver so shiping wont be necessary.  Keeping my brothers and buddies from accidently drinking my entry is going to be the challenge!

Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:36 pm

If they're following standard BJCP rules, which most do, it's 2 (12oz) bottles, no labels, nothing on the caps, and they'll usually have you rubberband your application entry to the bottle. 

Typically the full recipe is optional, but they'll want brewers name, date, style, etc. 

When you ship, don't tell them its beer, or they wont ship it. 

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
MadisonJ

MadisonJ

PostSubject: Re: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Igraf wrote:
Normally contests have a set number of plain brown bottles that you need to enter along with an form with your and the beers information. Do they have someone you can check with?

Yeah I'm checking with one of the guys on the fair board for more information, but havent heard back yet..

How much information should I be prepared to provide when filling out the form (grain bill, beer style, SRM's, IBU, etc...)??

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Normally contests have a set number of plain brown bottles that you need to enter along with an form with your and the beers information. Do they have someone you can check with?
Back to top Go down
MadisonJ

MadisonJ

PostSubject: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 pm

I've never entered a beer in a contest - however, My small hometown back in East Central MN is having its first ever hombrew contest at the County Fair this summer and I'm considering entering it.

Looking for some tips on presentation, preparation, container size, etc. when entering a beer.. I.e. is it as simple as filling a bottle/growler and setting it in a cooler with the rest of the entries, or are there some presentation guidelines that I should be considering?? 

I'm a complete newbie and think this would kind of fun, so any advice is much appreciated..

Madison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beer Contest/Tasting   Beer Contest/Tasting Empty

Back to top Go down

Beer Contest/Tasting
Page 1 of 1