Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Kegs and repairs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

Kegs and repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kegs and repairs   Kegs and repairs EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:53 am

Another thing to remember as well. If you are buying used kegs, buy replacement gaskets for them right away. You can clean them all you want, but the rubber absorbs the soda smells and it will affect your beer. Replacement gaskets can be bought for $3-$4 a set and are well worth the investment.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

Kegs and repairs Empty
PostSubject: Kegs and repairs   Kegs and repairs EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 pm

I had a customer today thought his threads where ruined..ended up fine as he just had the wrong ends on..when getting kegs from e-bay they are always going to look rougher and have more wrong peices on them.But be up to $6 cheaper, buy one post and its offset....Fot those just getting into kegging ..Remember when you order your kegs we dont get to chose if we want Cornelius or Firestone both being ball lock..But they have different Post Threads..and do not interchange them you can ruin the threads..but you can interchange the popit valve{ i have not had bad results yet}//Jeff..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net

Kegs and repairs
Page 1 of 1