Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

My kegs are empty!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

My kegs are empty! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My kegs are empty!   My kegs are empty! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Alright//test gravity and still the same 1.018 BUT it does not taste as sweet..dont know how that works..it tastes just friggen awsome..if you like just a slight malt taste...seems the hops just mellowed in and are in the back...I am torn to put a 1/4 oz of fuggles in the keg or just let it be...this is a keeper...Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

My kegs are empty! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My kegs are empty!   My kegs are empty! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:02 pm

JuJu wrote:
its already in a carboy or do mean transfer to another then keg?
Well, that's up to you. If you feel the sedimentation is already nice and compact, you can just cold crash that and get the remaining particulate settled out. If you really want, you can transfer that to yet another carboy to separate it from the existing sedimentation for further clarifying. Of course, that would take a bit longer overall. If you're in a hurry to keg, I'd just cold crash what you've got in the carboy it's in.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

My kegs are empty! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My kegs are empty!   My kegs are empty! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 am

its already in a carboy or do mean transfer to another then keg?
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

My kegs are empty! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My kegs are empty!   My kegs are empty! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 am

JuJu wrote:
Oh that sound again last nite scoooshhhh...then foam....ohhh...now i have to clean kegs....i do have bottles of cream ale and ptmartigan ale and marzen ale..
Now for my Octoberfest Lager..its been in the secondary for 8 weeks..i am going to test gravity tonite..last test was 1.018 ...should these be cold crashed before putting in keg? or just put it in and then cool it?? thanks Jeff
I've found that it works best to cold crash for a couple days before kegging. If you want, you could transfer first into a carboy, then cold crash that, then keg it for maximum clarity. But you will do just fine keeping it in a bottling bucket for the cold crash.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

My kegs are empty! Empty
PostSubject: My kegs are empty!   My kegs are empty! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

Oh that sound again last nite scoooshhhh...then foam....ohhh...now i have to clean kegs....i do have bottles of cream ale and ptmartigan ale and marzen ale..
Now for my Octoberfest Lager..its been in the secondary for 8 weeks..i am going to test gravity tonite..last test was 1.018 ...should these be cold crashed before putting in keg? or just put it in and then cool it?? thanks Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My kegs are empty! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My kegs are empty!   My kegs are empty! Empty

Back to top Go down

My kegs are empty!
Page 1 of 1