Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Wyeast seasonal strains

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

Wyeast seasonal strains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyeast seasonal strains   Wyeast seasonal strains EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:48 am

the price is going to be about $5.99 for members..Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: i am interested   Wyeast seasonal strains EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 am

i am stoked at the way you added which beers went with which yeast!

interested in both the 1764, and 1882

forgive me but what does it cost

i feel like i am at a ferrari dealer he look's at me and says, "if you have to ask, oyu can't afford it" probably not an apples to apples comparison though Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Wyeast seasonal strains   Wyeast seasonal strains EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:52 am

JuJu wrote:
I am ordering 25-30 packs of various styles today.. Wyeast takes orders till 10:30 on Mondays for guraenteed shipping on Wednesday orders after that are first come...or wait till next week to ship complete...I like that plan as always get freshest and will last a few 3 months easy...Jeff
That's a good way to go. Be sure to let us on the forums know when you receive your yeasts. I'll be the first to come by, for sure. FYI, as far as I'm concerned, I can tell you I'd be interested in buying any Belgian yeasts you order. I like the idea of picking up my yeast locally for maximum freshness and safety to the package.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: Wyeast seasonal strains   Wyeast seasonal strains EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:46 am

I am ordering 25-30 packs of various styles today.. Wyeast takes orders till 10:30 on Mondays for guraenteed shipping on Wednesday orders after that are first come...or wait till next week to ship complete...I like that plan as always get freshest and will last a few 3 months easy...Jeff
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Wyeast seasonal strains   Wyeast seasonal strains EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 am

These are all excellent yeasts. I can tell you right now, if you ordered any or all of them, I'd definitely pick up a few for myself!
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Wyeast seasonal strains   Wyeast seasonal strains EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm

I know this is not yet a recipe i am ordering some of these yeast strains and when i pick out a recipe for each i will post it ..I will make one with each myself. Any interest?? i really think the pacman is good for lots of brews..I myself have not brewed much below 5%.. Later Jeff

Wyeast 1764-PC ROGUE Pacman Yeast
Beer Styles: American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, American Brown Ale, Brown Porter, Cream Ale, Irish Red Ale, Strong Scotch Ale, Dry Stout, American Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, American IPA, Imperial IPA, American Barleywine, Fruit Beer, Spice/Herb/or Vegetable Beer, Christmas/Winter Specialty Spice Beer, Other Smoked Beer, Wood-Aged Beer
Profile: A versatile yeast strain from one of Oregon’s leading craft breweries. Pacman is alcohol tolerant, flocculent, attenuates well and will produce beers with little to no diacetyl. Very mild fruit complements a dry, mineral finish making this a fairly neutral strain. Pacman’s flavor profile and performance makes it a great choice for use in many different beer styles.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation med-high
Attenuation 72-78%
Temp. Range 60-72°F (15-22°C)

Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley II Yeast
Beer Styles: Ordinary and Special Bitters, ESB, Northern English Brown, Robust Porter, Dry Stout, Foreign Extra Stout
Profile: This strain was originally sourced from a now defunct brewery on the banks of the river Thames outside of Oxford, England. Thames Valley II produces crisp, dry beers with a rich malt profile and moderate stone fruit esters. This attenuative strain is also highly flocculent resulting in bright beers not requiring filtration. A thorough diacetyl rest is recommended after fermentation is complete.

Alc. Tolerance 10% ABV
Flocculation high
Attenuation 72-78%
Temp. Range 60-70°F (15-21°C)

Wyeast 3655-PC Belgian Schelde Ale Yeast
Beer Styles: Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Specialty Ale, Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale, Flanders Brown/Oud Bruin
Profile: From the East Flanders - Antwerpen region of Belgium, this unique top fermenting yeast produces complex, classic Belgian aromas and flavors that meld well with premium quality pale and crystal malts. Well rounded and smooth textures are exhibited with a full bodied malty profile and mouthfeel.

Alc. Tolerance 11% ABV
Flocculation medium
Attenuation 73-77%
Temp. Range 62-74°F (16-24°C)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wyeast seasonal strains   Wyeast seasonal strains Empty

Back to top Go down

Wyeast seasonal strains
Page 1 of 1