Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

free brewing software

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

free brewing software Empty
PostSubject: Re: free brewing software   free brewing software EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 pm

My uncle sent me an e mail about this yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I'll give it a whirl next weekend probably.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: free brewing software   free brewing software EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 am

I've just been using the brewtility.com recipe calculator. It's pretty good for being free, online, and will save all your recipes. The one downside is that you have to register on the site to use it. Registering isn't bad, though, because you can share recipes with other people, look at public recipes, or use their forum to ask questions (though the forum doesn't get a lot of usage).

Here's a screenshot of the recipe formulation page:

free brewing software Pictur11

It lets you adjust things like your efficiency, batch size, boil size, boil time, and mash temp (if you're using an "all-grain" recipe type). Those adjustments will then be reflected in the recipe calculations. In your profile, you can adjust your IBU formula and your measurement units.

The ingredient list is fairly large and you can approximate different types of ingredients if those ingredients don't match (by adjusting Lovibond, grain-sugar extractions, and alpha-acid ratings).

It works well for me, anyway.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: free brewing software   free brewing software EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 am

That's a handy little calculator. Especially nice since its free. Thanks for sharing that one.

I've been looking at brew software for a long time. I just purchased BeerSmith and run it on our home network. It's only about 20 bucks and has tons of calculators, inventory control, shopping lists, recipe storage, recipe conversion, and even a brew calendar. It's great! They've got a free 30 day trial if you'd like to give it a try.

I also tried BrewMeister for Mac platforms.

There's a really good list of what's out there here: Brewery.org

I'd be curious to see what anyone else has tried.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: free brewing software   free brewing software EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 pm

I happened to come across this brewing software that can manage your recipes and has automatic calculations. It is a free download. I haven't had time to play around with it much at all, but I thought I would throw it out there. It is called brewtarget and the link to where you can find it is-

http://lifehacker.com/5465808/brewtarget-helps-you-create-and-manage-your-homebrew-recipes

I downloaded it and nothing has happened to my computer so I think its safe. I messed around for a few minutes on it tonight, but I didn't have much time. It seems pretty cool though. It has some recipes on there, but I see there is a place where you can enter your own recipes on there and a bunch of other crap.
Back to top Go down
http://edelzer@hotmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: free brewing software   free brewing software Empty

Back to top Go down

free brewing software
Page 1 of 1