Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery Empty
PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I'll get that info to you shortly. Senator Grindberg, and Senator Hogue are the Senate sponsors, and Rep. Ruby, Boehning, Headland, and Streyle are the House sponsors. I have an email into all of them to see if they will try to revisit this language. You can find their contact info on the legislative assembly site, but I am also compiling a letter to address the main points of the bill, and the brewing industry.

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
r@fink

r@fink

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Quote :
There now needs to be an effort to get this language back into the HB 1339

Who do we send our e-mails to?
Back to top Go down
http://rakfink.blogspot.com/
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 pm

There are new developments out there. HB 1340 passed on the house floor despite a do not pass recommendation. What this means is that domestic wineries will now be able to self-distribute (if it passes on the Senate floor).

There now needs to be an effort to get this language back into the HB 1339. I am looking for help on this! Testimony is needed when the bill comes before the Senate. I'll keep you posted about additional details.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Hmm, I sent the e mail to your liquidstudios address. I guess that is a thing of the past.

I'll try emailing you tonight. I wanted to give you a call, but I lost your number.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 am

DPN:

They amended the language of the original version, so yes, you still have to go through a wholesaler, unless you have the tapping room on the premise, where you could sell on and off sale. Advantages for you would be the reduced cost of the license, but yes, you will still have to apply to the TBA for the Brewer's notice, etc. The state will then tax you at a bulk rate of $.08/gallon or $.16/gallon at a bottled rate. The federal tax rate would be $7/bbl unless the House Bill moves forward to cut that in half for brewers under 60K bbls.

The only real advantage to the bill is that this allows you to produce and sell nearly 800bbls out of your home, which could keep your overhead down.

Don't think I got your previous email but my address is mike_at_district35_dot_com.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Mike, could you please break down the significance of the bill.

The way I read it Line 22 states that you still need to go through a wholesaler.

Additionally, the significance of "Domestic". Assuming that means "brewing from home" how is that affected by the federal licensing?

Title 27: ATF

From what I can see the only change from the current system is that if you are producing less than 800-bbl per year your state licensing fee drops from $500 to $100.

We need to have our lawyer go through the documentation, but I'm hoping you might have all the answers already.

I also sent you an email following up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 pm

House Bill 1339 just passed on the house floor 78-13. Now on to the Senate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery   HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery Empty

Back to top Go down

HB 1339 Allow for Domestic Brewery
Page 1 of 1