Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery

Go down 
+5
mike frohlich
JaymeG
mshahan
randi philleo
Mike Philleo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm

I agree! I thought the trip was great, and the meet-up with the Heart River guys was just icing on the cake! Who's up for checking out the 10bbl system when it arrives? Great job with the planning, and I look forward to doing this again as well! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 am

I absolutely agree with Randi on those sentiments, and not just because it's Valentine's Day! I forgot about some of the antics that went on over there, so thanks for the pictures. It was a great time for me, though everyone else seemed to be having a good time too. We got to make some new friends, like Jim and Sandy, got to meet an old friend in Jim (from our prior Oktoberfest) and meet up with the Heart River Homebrewers. A special thanks to Jon Stika for opening up his home to us for a memorable meet and greet on the final leg of our trip. The brews, cheese and camaraderie were great, I can't thank you folks, and our members, enough for helping us make this trip a success. I look forward to the next one!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 am

What an awesome trip! Thanks everyone that could make it and a big THANKS to Mike F for driving us all out there. I think the Dickinson crew had a lot of fun too.

Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Mike (F.), since Mike Thomas and Tyler won't be joining us, we should just consolidate into your vehicle for the trip. Everyone, let's meet at Mike F's house for our departure time at noon tomorrow. Please, don't be late, we can't wait around for any stragglers. Here's the directions to his house:

Mike F.'s House

Other than that, the plans have only changed slightly. It sounds like we'll have a slim chance of eating at JD's (Saturday evening, oilpatch, etc), so Ryan of Heart River Home Brewers fame has allowed us to meet at their clubhouse after we leave Beaver Creek. Even though we're going to simply follow them back to Dickinson, here's the directions to his place:

Heart River Home Brew Club House

Aside from that, you're still welcome to bring any growlers of homebrew you'd like to share with another club to get some fresh perspective, which is pretty cool. Beyond all this, we'll just have to play it by ear, though this should keep us on track pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:15 pm

sorry can't make it tomorrow. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:17 pm

I haven't heard anything from 'Ten Gallon' Thomas yet. Anyone know if he's coming with?

Six confirmed travelers, so we might be able to pile in one car. If its not comfortable to do that though, I say we go with the two cars. I guess that always leaves the option open for one group to stay a little later or leave a little earlier too.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:55 pm

If anyone wants to meet at my place rather than up north, I have room for cars in my driveway.

Are we still taking two vehicles? If I am correct we are now 6? That may fit in the Yukon.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:44 pm

That stinks, Tyler, it would've been fun to have you with us. Get better soon - maybe get some medium-rare meat in your diet to toughen up your antibodies and wipe out those bugs! j/k

Just a bit of a news bulletin to our remaining attendees: Ryan Jilek has kindly offered to let us meet at their homebrew club in his office if JD's falls through (could be packed). That said, we may want to be flexible and play it by ear. There's a lot of great places we can order food from in town if necessary and if we all bring some growlers of our delicious homebrew, we won't run the risk of being thirsty, either! Post here if you have any questions.

Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:39 pm

It is with deepest regrets that I have to pull out of this trip.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather and I'd rather not infect the rest of you with sadness and throat soreness.

Carry on my wayward sons (and Randi).
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:05 pm

I hate to double-post, but just an FYI to our members that an e-mail with the trip information has just been sent out.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am

Sorry about any delay. There will be a club e-mail going out shortly to all the folks who said they are attending this trip. All relevant information will be included. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am

So what's the plan? Would you like to meet at my place? those coming with me at least?
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you very much for volunteering, Jayme, I appreciate it. Looks like we're good to go! Check on this thread later for trip details...
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I will volunteer my car. We can fit 4 comfortably in it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Wow, I wish we still had our Masher Mobile! That 15 passenger van would've really done the trick. Regardless, it's great to see such a positive turn out for the event. The downside, unfortunately, is that with Mike F. as our only volunteer driver right now, we don't have enough capacity for everyone. We will need one more volunteer driver to accommodate all of the people who have come forward to join us for this trip. If anyone else is willing to help us in that role, or knows someone who can, that would be greatly appreciated. Our club will be able to compensate the drivers for their fuel costs, though a small donation from our passengers ($5-10 each, for example) to help defray the costs would be very generous.

Please contact me or Randi with any questions, or simply post here.
Back to top Go down
esmith12

esmith12

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:23 pm

I would like togo as well. Please let me know where to meet up on Saturday.

Eric S.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:40 pm

The Yukon has the 2 buckets seats up front, 2 captains chairs in the second row, and a third bench seat. The front 4 people will be fine, depending on how tall people are, might get 1 -2 grown ups in that row. So basically 5 quite comfortably, maybe 6 if there are some "shorties"... or vertically challenged, etc.

Mike
Back to top Go down
mshahan

mshahan

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:39 pm

I'll be meeting you guys there as well. Short trip from Glendive for me.

-Matt
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Awesome!

So we've got...

Mike F
Mike P
Me
Jayme
Eric D
Tyler & Wife

Am I missing anyone?

That's 7 people. How many can fit in the Yukon? Heh, we might need to add another vehicle into the mix.

*Bryan and Matt will be meeting us there and Mike T isn't sure if he is coming yet.

Last edited by randi philleo on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Matt)
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I'll most likely be attending and I may have a beer-enjoying-but-not-nerdy wife along with me!

She makes sure I remain as docile as I am at the typical Mashers functions.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:11 pm

I will be there. As said before, I would also be willing to drive if needed. I can fit minimum 5 in the Yukon, depending on who sits in the 3rd Row.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 am

No problem Mike, let me know if you can or can't. I think there was some interest in maybe stopping by the BBQ joint in Dickinson on the way back. But we'll play it all by ear.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

Count me in
Back to top Go down
http://edelzer@hotmail.com
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks Randi, I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:58 am

mshahan wrote:
I am currently living over in Glendive, but would love to attend this event with your club....if that is alright? I am not sure if you are only taking due-paying individuals or what the story is. It would be a great time to get to know other homebrewers, and it's only a 27 mile drive for me. I completely understand if you want only your current members though. Thanks!

Hey, he's not just a forum lurker! LOL! Just kidding. Welcome!

I don't see any problem with it if you want to meet us there for the tour. It's always good to chat it up with other brewers.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 am

I figured we'd head out at 4 (Mountain Time), that's when they open to the public.
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:21 am

What time is the return trip planned for? I may not be able to make it.
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Count me in!!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
mshahan

mshahan

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 pm

I am currently living over in Glendive, but would love to attend this event with your club....if that is alright? I am not sure if you are only taking due-paying individuals or what the story is. It would be a great time to get to know other homebrewers, and it's only a 27 mile drive for me. I completely understand if you want only your current members though. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:54 pm

In efforts to expand on inter-club activities, how would you all feel if we asked the Heart River Club to join us on this trip?

The plan is to leave Bismarck at Noon. This gives us 2 full hours at the Brewery before they open to the public.

Please let us know if you plan on coming so we can have transportation arranged.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:43 pm

As you may or may not know, I have been in contact with Jim Devine throughout the last month to see if we could arrange a "field trip" to the Beaver Creek Brewery. After much contact and trepidation, we have agreed upon visiting 2/11/12 at 2PM, which is the day that was requested by our members in attendance at a prior meeting. If you want to join us on our trek out west, be sure to clear that day on your social calendars. Tentatively, we have Mike F. who's offered to ship us out in style in his Suburban. If we have enough interest and attendees, we will look into securing additional transportation as necessary (the club will subsidize at least some, if not more, of the fuel costs). So, if you plan on coming, please reply in this thread so that we can line up adequate transportation.

Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery L106456-10022008-85412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery   Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Muddy River Mashers Road Trip: Beaver Creek Brewery
Page 1 of 1