Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

4th of july brews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dkwandt

dkwandt

4th of july brews Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th of july brews   4th of july brews EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 am

nice looks very tasty, is it a regular there? don't remember seeing it last time i stoped by.

did anyone else drink beer this weekend? or did you guys really stay sober so you didn't blow your hand off?
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

4th of july brews Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th of july brews   4th of july brews EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

dkwandt wrote:
all of those sound tasty.

i have never tried "night stalker, please describe it..

oat brown sound delicious!
Well, I could describe it, but here's an even better idea, because it comes from the whole peanut gallery:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/47692

To put it simply, it's a thick, chewy stout that reminds me a bit of Old Rasputin on steroids. Highly recommended, if that's your cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

4th of july brews Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th of july brews   4th of july brews EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:12 pm

all of those sound tasty.

i have never tried "night stalker, please describe it..

oat brown sound delicious!
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

4th of july brews Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th of july brews   4th of july brews EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I didn't have any too exciting for the 4th of July myself, but I did have a "dram" of my Belgian strong dark. Went down surprisingly well in the warm weather. Aside from that, I was thinking of busting open one those $2.00 Night Stalkers I got.

Either way, I've got to keg Randi's Oat Brown ale and my Saison - those should be a bit more appropriate for summer consumption.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

4th of july brews Empty
PostSubject: 4th of july brews   4th of july brews EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:27 pm

anyone have some really good brew in celebration or just to enjoy?

i had bells porter, i really like it, very smooth a sweatness, and carmel mild hops, will drink again i am sure!

also a buddy brought over a bells summer (wheat). i am not a big fan of wheats, but i did find it very refreshing, very mild though it did not stand out for anything special. mild hops, there was a flavor or feel in the mouth i can't really dicribe (might be typical to wheat beers) it again was mild and made for an enjoyable beer. i would drink it again, but as i don't love wheat beers, i will spend "my" $8 on something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4th of july brews Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th of july brews   4th of july brews Empty

Back to top Go down

4th of july brews
Page 1 of 1