Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

tips for new brewers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

tips for new brewers Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for new brewers   tips for new brewers EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 am

We can all learn a trick a two! Great to hear that the business is picking up for the brew supplies. Great Job Jeff!
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: tips for new brewers   tips for new brewers EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:15 pm

sadly i am learning much slower, but i am learning!

as for new customer! great! i bet i have told at least 2 - 3 people a week about your shop!
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: tips for new brewers   tips for new brewers EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:27 am

Now I've not been doing all grain for long, But i learn fast by doing a lot.// for those that are considering Lagers, My experiance from Mr Beer to all grain has always been that the Lager Yeast takes longer to start..so Yeast starters would be a good thing to do for them especially..Without starteres its been 24 hours to get action and Ale yeast is going in hours...Smack packs with ale are fast but if doing lager then I suggest smacking 24- 18 hours before..And for me i dont think that the fementor on the cold freezer bottom is as good for the yeast and i have better results with a thick folded towel under the fermenter, as many freezers have some coils there..this keeps the temp consistent..,,,should have a tips section or am i the only one with things left to learn?? Jeff

PS there has been a lot of new poeple in and checking out the brews..heck i sold 3 kegging systems already..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tips for new brewers   tips for new brewers Empty

Back to top Go down

tips for new brewers
Page 1 of 1