Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Need Brewers to Test our Malts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FRIESER17

FRIESER17

Need Brewers to Test our Malts Empty
PostSubject: Pilsner Malt   Need Brewers to Test our Malts EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Mike,

Just finished my first batch of Pilsner malt. I will brew with the pilsner malt and bring it to a brew meeting when it is finished. I think I got a pretty close pilsner malt made from the 6-row we have. If it turns out good I will make a 10# batch of Pilsner Malt for you. I am also doing a test with making flake/rolled Barley to go with this beer. We will see how the mouth feel and head looks to see if the flaked/rolled barley turned out. I will keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Need Brewers to Test our Malts   Need Brewers to Test our Malts EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:50 am

Hey Chris, that sounds awesome! I remember you mentioning that at a previous meeting, but I'm glad you guys are working on offering a great North Dakota-only malt. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.

I would be happy to assist you with this. If you like, I could brew some rustic-style French and Belgian style ales or whatever you'd like to test your malt with. Have you looked into doing pilsner malts yet? Either way, count me in. There's a lot of great beers I could make with 6 row and some red wheat (a killer wit for instance).
Back to top Go down
FRIESER17

FRIESER17

PostSubject: Need Brewers to Test our Malts   Need Brewers to Test our Malts EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:29 pm

As some of you know myself and a friend are malting at home. We started to malt to save money for our brews. We are starting to malt on a larger scale and now are in the trial stage of starting a micro malting company with North Dakota grown barley and wheat.

We are needing some home brewers to help make beers from our malts to help us fine tune our recipe. We will provide the malt you need for your 5 gal or less batch. We can make different types of malt from a basic 6-row all the way to dark flavored malts. Our malts are made from 6-row barley or Red Wheat as of now. If you have or want to create a recipe to use our malts that would be great.

If you are interested in brewing with our malts that would be very helpful. I will work with you on what types of malts you would like to use and you can taste different types to figure out what types you want.

If you are interested please let us know. Thanks

Chris Fries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Brewers to Test our Malts   Need Brewers to Test our Malts Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Brewers to Test our Malts
Page 1 of 1