Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!

Go down 
+8
JaymeG
Michaeljeffreythomas
TUssatis
lwald
Strixacadicus
Igraf
Eric
randi philleo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:12 am

Thank you again so much for all your hard work this year! Oktoberfest was a blast! We had a lot of great comments from the guests. Thank you to Mike and Ivan for going out early and waking up the homeless guy. Thanks to everyone that helped set up and clean up. The beers were outstanding! I think we had probably the best variety we've ever had. We tied with last year for amount of beers too!

I'll have our totals once all expenses have rolled in. If you brought propane, ice, etc, please submit a reimbursement request to me (either PM or email at randiphilleo@gmail.com).

Here's the official winners list! A lot of these were really close, like within just a vote or two. Everyone should be proud, there wasn't a stinker in the bunch. Congratulations everyone!

Oktobersbest: O'ski's Irish Red - Jason Wisnewski

People's Choice
1st: Linus' Folly Jolly Pumpkin Cider - Randi and Mike Philleo
2nd: Ebony and Ivory - Randi Philleo
3rd: Black Blizzard - Ivan Graf

Brewers Choice
1st: Ebony and Ivory - Randi Philleo
2nd: Rough Rider Red - Mike Philleo
3rd: Cry Baby Rye: Eric Delzer

Best Name: Cream Intercourse - Mike Thomas
Best Description: Rough Rider Red - Mike Philleo
Most Referrals: Randi Philleo
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:25 pm

We're all set for Oktoberfest tomorrow! Be sure to dress warm. We'll do our best to prepare for the weather, and we do have a few heaters coming. That being said, if you have an outdoor heater you want to bring, please do so. At 8:30 we will be setting up wind breaks, so if you'd like to come be extra hands, you are more than welcome to stop by.

If you want to help set up, stop by anytime between 10 and 1. Beer drop off is also between 10am and 1pm. Please be sure to bring serving the equipment you have for your brew and label it. Also, if you have tubs to stand your kegs in, bring those as well. If you are serving 1st shift please get there no later than 2:30 for prep and the pre-shift meeting. The golden rule of the day is if you see any of your co-volunteers struggling, try to help them if possible. Thanks again to those who are volunteering!

Guide for serving:
No serving before 3PM
Cups and trays are to be reused
Cups are 7oz, try to fill them to 5oz to allow everyone a chance to taste the beer
Only serve to people with BLUE wrist bands
Keep lines moving
If you see anyone that appears to be suffering from weather exposure or severe intoxication, notify Randi or Mike right away

Volunteer List

Servers 3pm-5pm

Station 1: Eric D
Station 2: Ben
Station 3: Adam
Station 4: Lance
Station 5: Bethany
Station 6: Mike P
Relief: Ivan, Jayme

Servers 5pm-7pm

Station 1: TJ
Station 2: Mike T
Station 3: Jayme
Station 4: Mike W
Station 5: Tyler M
Station 6: Ivan
Relief: Mike P, Derek B

Setup: Mike P, Ivan, Eric D,

Brew Demo: Todd, Mike T

Grill:
3-4: TJ
4-5: Randi
5-6: Chris F
6-7: Adam
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 am

randi philleo wrote:
Here is the beer line up! We have 23 beers entered this year. If you need to change something on the list, OR if you have something you want to enter yet, please do so by end of day today. Thanks for all the submissions! We've got quite a variety this year.  

3 Porters
2 Cream Ales
2 Fruit Beers
2 Ciders
1 Stout
1 Irish Red
1 Pale Ale
1 Trippel
1 Dunkelweizen
1 Oktoberfest
1 Doppelbock
1 Kolsch
1 IPA
1 Blonde Ale
1 Red Ale
1 Brown Ale
1 Bier de Garde
1 Wine
Wow, that's a nice lineup! I might have to call in sick for my responsibilities and show up in a disguise. Wink
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:01 am

Here is the beer line up! We have 23 beers entered this year. If you need to change something on the list, OR if you have something you want to enter yet, please do so by end of day today. Thanks for all the submissions! We've got quite a variety this year.

3 Porters
2 Cream Ales
2 Fruit Beers
2 Ciders
1 Stout
1 Irish Red
1 Pale Ale
1 Trippel
1 Dunkelweizen
1 Oktoberfest
1 Doppelbock
1 Kolsch
1 IPA
1 Blonde Ale
1 Red Ale
1 Brown Ale
1 Bier de Garde
1 Wine
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks Jim! I'll refund you for the ticket you bought.
Back to top Go down
Williston Brewer

Williston Brewer

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:27 pm

DAMN!...hope it is drinkable

drunken 
Back to top Go down
Williston Brewer

Williston Brewer

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Hmmm....Do I enter a BEER if I have yet to taste it?,it is still fermenting.I already have a ticket and do not know if Guest will make it or not,sure designated driver will not hang around long.Not sure how early I will be there.

WHY NOT!........I will be there with a ROBUST HONEY PORTER,sometime before 3 o'clock.

Now to to come up with some sort of description of it.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

Deadline to enter is midnight tonight!

Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 am

That's a great question Chris!

If you are planning to attend Oktoberfest with your beer entry, we ask that you bring it to the Sertoma Community Center the day of the event. You can drop it off between 10am and 1pm.

If you can't attend but still want to enter a beer, please message me.

With your keg, if you have a picnic tap we can use or any CO2 lines, please bring them and label them.
Back to top Go down
FRIESER17

FRIESER17

PostSubject: Where to Turn Beer in?   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:50 am

Where do I take my Keg for entry for O-Fest? I am planning on turning it in today after work. Also what else do I need to include with the Keg when I drop it off?
Back to top Go down
lwald

lwald

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:57 pm

That's ok. I need it for my oatmeal stout. And I'm not going to bring that one to October fest.
Back to top Go down
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:39 pm

if you still want to bring that third I have a keg you can use.
Back to top Go down
lwald

lwald

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Just bring 2. Was going to bring 3 but I need my keg for my oatmeal stout that going to be ready soon. Sorry. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bethany_B

Bethany_B

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 pm

We for sure have our Dunkelweizen for sure.. still working on my Federwiser Smile
Back to top Go down
FRIESER17

FRIESER17

PostSubject: Greenhorn Entering a Beer   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:09 pm

I am going to give it a shot by making a beer for O fest... We will see how it tastes.
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 am

I'll have one... Just not sure what yet
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:13 pm

I have one
Back to top Go down
TUssatis

TUssatis

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:44 pm

I'll have one
Back to top Go down
lwald

lwald

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm got 2 ready to go
Back to top Go down
Strixacadicus

Strixacadicus

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 pm

I will have 1 beer not entirely sure which one yet either but at least 1.

Adam
Back to top Go down
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:16 pm

I am planning for 3.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks Eric!

Maybe this is a good time to do a Beer Roll Call.

I keep having people ask "how many beers will you have it this years Oktoberfest?"

If I had to guess I'd say about 20-25, but I'd like to get a little better idea of what we're looking at.

So, if you're brewing a beer for Oktoberfest, you don't need to tell me what it is if you don't want, I just need to know how many brews your entering. The Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form is still the official entry.

We've already sold $1000 worth of tickets! It'd be awesome if we could top last years 25 entries.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:01 pm

You can count me in for one beer. I have several going and I will probably submit the one that is the best so I'm not sure which one I will be entering right now so I'll fill the form out in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://edelzer@hotmail.com
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 am

The Oktoberfest beer entry form is live! Submit your beers between now and September 26th. If you miss the date, your beer will not be eligible to enter. You will need to know a few things before submitting your beer, so it might be wise to glance over the form now.

Also, with naming your beers and doing the beer descriptions. Please use correct punctuation, check spelling, and no all caps. I won't be correcting it for printing. If you haven't attended an Oktoberfest before, beer descriptions written by the brewer are printed in a brochure for tasters to guide them through the event. This year we will have the attendees vote on best beer name and best beer description for prizes, so do your best but don't go over the character limit.

Brewers get in for free! So don't buy a ticket if you're entering a beer. If you have an assistant brewer, they can be your guest or buy a ticket. Only one brewer per beer entry.

As far as guests go, each batch you enter gets you one guest in. This guest will get a complimentary ticket through our new ticketing system. Be sure to fill out that information accordingly.

Last edited by randi philleo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!   Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oktoberfest Beer Entry Form!
Page 1 of 1