Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

hart's Amerillo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkwandt

dkwandt

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: i enjoyed   hart's Amerillo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 pm

i enajoyed the hart's, but i really enjoyed the one you had in the middle keg!
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: Recipe for Amerillow   hart's Amerillo EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:16 pm

For those that did like the HArts Amerillo here is the recipe for that...
  • 1.5, lbs 2-row malt
    1/2, lbs Vienna Malt
    1,lbs Cara Pils Malt
    1/2 ,lbs Pilsner malt.
    5lbs of Pale Extract..
    1oz newprt at 60 min
    1 oz Ahutum at 15 min
    1 oz ahutum at 5 min
    1 oz Amerillo at rack...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hart's Amerillo   hart's Amerillo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 am

JuJu wrote:
Thanks for thr reassurance i to thought of just leaving it as its really not going to hurt anything..I kinda wanted to bottle this one but undecided...If it does sit long is there any thought on enough yeast activity for the carbonation..or maybe just sitting in a keg in the basement till fall with just a few pounds of co2 would be the way to go>>?....Jeff
If you do want to bottle it, just bring the fermenter back up to low or mid 60s to wake the yeast up again. It won't cause any off flavors at that point and after a day or two, the suspended yeast in the beer should be able to carbonate your bottled beer. It really doesn't take that much to get the job done. If not that, I'd just keg it and carbonate it as usual.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hart's Amerillo   hart's Amerillo EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks for thr reassurance i to thought of just leaving it as its really not going to hurt anything..I kinda wanted to bottle this one but undecided...If it does sit long is there any thought on enough yeast activity for the carbonation..or maybe just sitting in a keg in the basement till fall with just a few pounds of co2 would be the way to go>>?....Jeff
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hart's Amerillo   hart's Amerillo EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:00 pm

I'll be happy to share my thoughts as soon as I taste any of the brews you mentioned! Just kidding, of course, but it never hurts to grease the 'ol wheels.

Seriously, though, I myself believe lagers should be fermented for 2-3 months at a consistent, low temperature (the 54 degrees you mentioned seems spot-on to me). At this time, I'd keep it cool, but at a slightly higher temp, like 56-58 to keep the yeast going. Anything out of the lager fermentation range and you risk getting some diacetyl. I'd give it another few weeks in the cool temperature range if you're in a hurry - just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: hart's Amerillo   hart's Amerillo EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Well today i Kegged the Hart's Amarillo which ended at 1.010 nice... which is dry hopped at racking with amerillow hops..it tasted dang good..i also tasted the the Dubbel today...and i LIKE it..I did hop it a little more and may not be to somes taste but its really like the Celebration....i will post the recipes when i find them.. I have 3 kegs now and one Octoberfest Marzeen Lager in the basement at 54 degrees for 3 weeks in second rack its gravity is now 1018 ..I dont know if i have to bring it to the other room at 62 to finish it or just leave it for another week and see.It does taste good and not to hoppy just a tad sweet..any thoughts??.Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hart's Amerillo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hart's Amerillo   hart's Amerillo Empty

Back to top Go down

hart's Amerillo
Page 1 of 1