Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th

Go down 
+2
Mike Philleo
randi philleo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MadisonJ

MadisonJ

Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Good to hear everything went well and it was good to meet some new faces in the bismarck area!!

My little brewing buddy Carter had a blast as well!

Back to top Go down
big-mo

big-mo

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

That was fun, Randi and Mike. Thanks for hosting!

-Mo
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks to everyone that could make it! I know both Mike and I were a little worried when we started hearing how many of you were going to be out of town, but we had about 8 people show up. Plus, we finally got to meet 'big-mo' and 'MadisonJ'. So it was a great turn out and the brew is bubbling away very nicely.

Thanks to everyone that participated! Now we have to be patient until we get to taste it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

I would have loved to have stopped out but am heading out to Fargo for the day.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:43 am

Michaeljeffreythomas wrote:
How are the hop additions added? All at 60 min?

I know you said 1 oz. Hallertau hops
The recipe states that it's actually 2oz of Mt. Hood at 60min, and 1oz Hallertau at 2 min - Randi updated her initial post accordingly. Beyond that, it's up to us to do whatever we'd like to do.
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 am

How are the hop additions added? All at 60 min?

I know you said 1 oz. Hallertau hops
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

Sounds like fun, I'll be there! I heard there might be some decoction going on over there, too.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Mashers, get out your lederhosen it's time to brew the Oktoberfest!

This brew will be hosted at the Philleo's Homebrewery (take Lincoln Road then north, NOT 66th and west), sorry you'll have to drive out to Lincoln for this brew Razz

The brew starts Saturday (Feb 18th) at 11am. It should be nice enough out to throw some meat on the grill. We'll have brats and buns, but you are welcome to bring anything else you'd like to toss on the grill with them. So come on out for a good time and help us with this brew!

We will be lagering this beer through the summer months to have at the Oktoberfest party. This recipe is smooth, crisp, and full of malt flavor.

Ingredients: 8 lbs. Pilsner Malt, 4.5 lbs. Vienna, 8 oz. Carapils Malt, 8 oz. Caramel 40L, 1 oz. Hallertau hops, 2oz Mt Hood hops, and Wyeast 2633.

Those who attend the brew are welcome to make any suggestions on additions to the recipe.

Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th Map

Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th Oktoberfest.beer_

Last edited by randi philleo on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed ingredient)
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th   Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th Empty

Back to top Go down

Brewing the Club Oktoberfest: Feb 18th
Page 1 of 1