Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

hot liquor pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

hot liquor pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: hot liquor pump   hot liquor pump EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

I have 2 March pumps on my system that work extremely well. Keep the pump(s) mounted low so that they easily prime themselves. You may be able to find them on ebay a little cheaper, but not much. They are quality though, and depending on how you want your system to work, you can get them with a plug end, or a wire harness that you can then wire into a switch. I had one of each, and cut the plug end off of the one, so that I could wire them to a box with 2 switches. It makes life so much easier!
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

hot liquor pump Empty
PostSubject: hot liquor pump   hot liquor pump EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 am

i wanted to get a pump to transfer my hot liquor into my mash tune is the following pump what i am looking for? or is there a less expensive route i could go?

Weight: 10.0000

Availability: In stock

$134.95 Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart OR
Add to Wishlist
| Add to Compare
Be the first to review this product
Product Description
Seal-less Magnetic Drive 1/25 hp pump. This pump is a great little worker in your brewery! It comes with 6' power cord. 1/2" NPT (National Pipe Thread) fittings on both inlet and outlet. The pump handles temperatures up to 250° F, internal pressures to 5 psi and pumps a maximum of 5.5 gallons per minute. Materials that come in contact with solution are Polysulfone, 316 stainless steel, silicon rubber, Raton and Teflon. The single phase motor is fan cooled. Do not run the pump dry, this can damage the unit. It is not self-priming, so it will need to be placed below the level of the liquid source. Also, the pump should be placed in a dry location as the housing around the motor is not water-proof.

Note: To restrict flow place a ball valve on the out flow of this pump.

Note: Blichmann QuickConnectors are highly recommended. Be careful not to cross threads when attaching fittings.
Back to top Go down

hot liquor pump
Page 1 of 1