Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers   Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 am

Yeah... this same kind of thing happened to me in Minneapolis about 3 weeks ago.

I got a bunch of Gulden Draak 750's for 6.99 / ea. I even tried to explain that they cost double everywhere else.

Eventually the owner's son went in back and realized they had the wrong price but he let me get the bottles anyway!
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers   Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Tyler wrote:
I was down there a little bit ago...

...they cancelled that deal. That was a deal put on by the distributor and the distributors print-out had the wrong price.

Philleo got a smokin' deal but they took the sign down when they realized the price was $2 per bottle below their own cost.
Crap, I knew I should've taken more! That's what I get for being generous...I think it would've been a little suspicious if I took more than 8 bottles to the counter, though. Oh well, can't win 'em all. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers   Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:34 pm

I was down there a little bit ago...

...they cancelled that deal. That was a deal put on by the distributor and the distributors print-out had the wrong price.

Philleo got a smokin' deal but they took the sign down when they realized the price was $2 per bottle below their own cost.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers   Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 am

Last night, I went to South Jack's and found a sign next to the floor display of Goose Island specialty bombers. It read that they were going for $1.99 a piece. Since it sounded too good to be true, I verified it with an associate manager. Thinking all was good, I grabbed two of each type (Demolition, Sofie, Night Stalker and Pere Jacques) and headed to the counter.

They were ringing up for regular price.

I told her what the assistant manager told me and she sounded incredulous to say the least. Well, he came to my rescue at the checkout and told her he was indeed letting them go for $1.99 a piece. So I got what should have been about $56.00 worth of beer for less than $20.00. I walked out of there with my wine box full of loot waiting for the cops to tail me home.

I don't know how many are left or if it applies to the ones in the cooler, but it's definitely worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers   Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers Empty

Back to top Go down

Huge Discount at South Jack's: Goose Island Specialty Bombers
Page 1 of 1