Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Posted photos of Keg Washer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

Posted photos of Keg Washer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posted photos of Keg Washer   Posted photos of Keg Washer EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am

It's a variation of one I saw on thebrewingnetwork.com forum. Mine is 3/4" copper only because I had some in the garage. Most I've seen are PVC. It is definitely a time saver for sure, and it makes cleaning kegs very easy. I no longer dread the day of keg cleaning. Ultimately, I'll build another one, and then I'll have 2, one for cleaning, the other for sanitizing.

In the future, I am also going to use this submersible for my wort chiller. Rather than run tap water continuously through the shirron, I am going to fill my tub with ice water and use the pump to recirculate the ice water through the chiller. Less water, and faster chilling. Win-win situation, especially since I don't have a sink set up in the garage, during a -20F brew day, I don't have to find creative means of disposing of water.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Posted photos of Keg Washer   Posted photos of Keg Washer EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:34 am

Awesome! We're definitely going to have to do one of these too. Did you use any of the instructions or plans online in building this? I know there are a bunch of variations out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Posted photos of Keg Washer   Posted photos of Keg Washer EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:42 am

Sorry for the delay everyone, I just posted the images of the keg washer I built and demonstrated in early December. Works like a dream. One thing I learned as I used it though....Don't use it with Star San. It foams way too much. I would recommend PBW for cleaning, and Idophor for sanitizing. All of these products are made by 5 Star. Contact me if you have any questions.

I'll never have to worry again about my dip tubes being clean! And the submersible pump is surprisingly quiet. Cheers everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

http://muddyrivermashers.com/gallery/list.asp?catID=12

Last edited by Mike Frohlich on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add URL)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posted photos of Keg Washer   Posted photos of Keg Washer Empty

Back to top Go down

Posted photos of Keg Washer
Page 1 of 1