The Muddy River Mashers Oktoberfest event will be on October 5th, just over 3 months away. So, now is a good time to start planning your entry.
For those of you who have not participated in Oktoberfest before, I'll give you a run down.
- Brewers enter a batch of beer
- A batch is a full 5 gallons
- Beer can be any type
- Brew can be All Grain, Partial, or Extract
- A beer entry gets the brewer and a guest in the event for free
- Additional entries get one other guest in
- Tickets are sold to the public through members and online
- Attendees vote on all the beers entered
- Prizes are given to the winners
- Brewers are encouraged to work the serving stations during the event
We will be at the Sertoma Community Center again this year. If you have any questions feel free to post here.
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."