A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  CalendarCalendar  Calendar  FAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Share | 

Bottling from Keg

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: Bottling from Keg   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Blichmann Beer Gun is awesome. I used to fill 90 bottles in about 60 min. If the beer is pouring right (properly carbonated) you can do 2-2.5 bottles a minute.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Igraf

PostSubject: Re: Bottling from Keg   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:33 pm

I have been trying something based off of what Jamyme mentioned but I am thinking about the Beer Gun in the future, just wanted to hear from people that had used them. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Bottling from Keg   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am

the other option (best in my opinion because there is little to no foam) is a the Blichmann Beer gun. it is $100 but works great and is easy to clean, and another great toy, good for growlers too.
http://www.blichmannengineering.com/beergun/beergun.html

you could also use a counter presssure filler.

brands
More CP ( http://morebeer.com/view_product/11864/102304/Deluxe_Counter_Pressure_Bottle_Filler )
Foxx CP ( http://www.brewgadgets.com/p-1206-counter-pressure-bottle-filler.aspx )

both work but i personally prefer the beer gun, and that is what i use.
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Bottling from Keg   Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes.... it works to give beer away to
Back to top Go down
Bandersesk

PostSubject: You must be popular~   Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:18 am

Igraf wrote:
to give away beer.
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Bottling from Keg   Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 am

All you need is a picnic tap and a racking cane. Cut one end of the racking cane at a 45 degree and the other end keep flat. Keep the full length or most of it as well. Then turn your co2 down to 4. Make sure to bleed out excess pressure. Put the racking canei nto the picnic tap and pour. It will foam and you need the foam. It gives room and also pushes outoxygen. When its full pull out tye racking cane and cap while foam is coming out. It will take a couple times to get it but one you figure it out it works well. Have stored some before longer than 2 months with plenty of carbonation.
Back to top Go down
Igraf

PostSubject: Bottling from Keg   Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 pm

What works best for you to bottle beer from your kegs? Has anyone had good luck with the blichmann beer gun? I read mixed reviews about them online. I'm not looking for long term storage, just a way to bottle to draw down kegs and to give away beer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottling from Keg   

Back to top Go down

Bottling from Keg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muddy River Mashers :: General Discussion-
Jump to: