Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MadisonJ

MadisonJ

Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin   Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:13 am

Eric, Bummer on the beer spoilage... If it had any alcohol content, I would've most likely drank it anyways, but thats just me Laughing Laughing

Now I'm excited to give it a try... The boys at Midwest said the the Falconer flight is one of their favorites this year.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin   Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I did an ipa with them recently but sadly I was slacking and let the fermentation get away from me and ruined the beer. However, the smell coming from the airlock the day before it went crazy was tremendous and I do plan to try using it again.
Back to top Go down
http://edelzer@hotmail.com
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin   Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm

I know one of our member, Eric Delzer, bought a variety of NZ hops and also got some Falconer's Flight. I was there during the brew and the Falconer's smelled good - it reminded me of a slightly more resiny/piny Citra. Beyond that, I don't know how they turned out in any of his finished beers, but if he pops on, maybe he can add his $0.02.
Back to top Go down
Igraf

Igraf

PostSubject: Re: Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin   Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 pm

I haven't tried those yet but I just did pick up some Zythos, which is another proprietary blend of hops.

With the Nelson Sauvin, I haven't brewed with them but Widmer used them in their Drifter Pale Ale and in their Nelson IIPA. I like both of those beers.
Back to top Go down
MadisonJ

MadisonJ

PostSubject: Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin   Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 am

I managed to get my hands on a few ounces of HopUnions Falconers Flight and was curious if anyone has tried these and what you thought of them?? Considering these are a blended hop variety, would I even need to combine them with other hops? I'm planning to use them in an IPA..

Also, has anyone brewed using the new zealand strain of Nelson Sauvin hops? thoughts??

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin   Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin Empty

Back to top Go down

Falconers Flight / Nelson Sauvin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muddy River Mashers :: Recipes-
Jump to: