Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

staturday's brew

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iggy7824

iggy7824

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks! I forgot about that place, they weree just opening as i was leaving Fargo. Bridgeview Liquors in Moorhead is wheree i usually stop to lighten my wallet when I am in that area.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:00 am

I haven't seen it around Bismarck, but I know you can get it in Fargo/Moorhead. If you ever want to spend a bunch, visit 99 bottles in Moorhead.

Dennis likes to tantalize us with his picks from his travels Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
iggy7824

iggy7824

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:52 am

Where do you find odells around here?
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Glad to hear! Thanks Randi, for being sure to invite Jeff!

Wish I could have attended (drill usually the first of every month).

i did try a new to me double ipa from Odell brewing called, Myrcene. it was delicious, and would highly recommend it to anyone considering themselves a hophead!

Named for Myrcene, a component of essential oils in the hop flower, Myrcenary Double IPA is our tribute to those who revere the illustrious hop, and their unyielding exploit to craft hop forward beers. Brewed with a blend of hops containing the highest levels of Myrcene, this double IPA prevails with a tropical fruit-like flavor, a pungent floral aroma, and a clean getaway.

9.3% Alc. By Vol.

Available Year Round
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Weather could have been better, but it's hard to beat last years 60 degrees.

We shared a couple commercial stouts to keep warm. Ted brought his pale with homegrown hops and Tyler S left us a stout to drink. We also had the clubs Autumn Amber on tap. I wonder if we should keg-hop that beast? I did invite Jeff to help himself to the brews in the freezer. Not sure if he had a chance to taste it though.

The Ale is bubbling along nicely. I think it'll be great for our holiday gathering.

Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
JaymeG

JaymeG

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:08 pm

I did briefly but I was watching the brew and he was busy running his store
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:05 pm

ok, did any of you get to visit with jeff at all?
Back to top Go down
JaymeG

JaymeG

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:51 pm

It was only my system that was there on Sat. There was only one "new" person that showed up at the very begining as I was setting up that had many questions about brewing that I was hopefully helpful for him. He had to leave even before the mash started cause he had an electrician coming over to his place. Other than that Mike & Randi were there the whole time & Todd was there most of the time. Tyler S made an apperance along with Ted H.

I think between the weather sucking and again deer opener it was really effecting the turnout. We are considering doing our "Learn how to Homebrew Day" on another day & during a better time of year to hopefully bring a better turnout.

We are not mixing business with the club and Jeff is ABSOLUTELY still a valuable club member and will always be welcome. Just cause the Mashers are back to homes doesn't mean in any way that Jeff is out. There are no hard feelings. It was just a club decision to improve on education and do more brews.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: staturday's brew   staturday's brew EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:54 pm

how did the brew go on saturday? did everyone have a good time? any stand out beers? since Jeff was working did anyone enssure to Jeff he is still more than a welcome club member? hope someone went out of there way. how many showed up? any new faces?

did Mike F end up bringing his system too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

staturday's brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: staturday's brew   staturday's brew Empty

Back to top Go down

staturday's brew
Page 1 of 1