Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

In the Keg or Bottle

Go down 
+2
dkwandt
Mike Philleo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

In the Keg or Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Tried my amber last night. A little over a week in bottle. I'm very pleased with this one so far. I'll bring some to the next meeting
Back to top Go down
http://edelzer@hotmail.com
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: belgian tripel    In the Keg or Bottle EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 am

I just bottled my belgian tripel. I have had this in the secondary for the past 3 months. I will bring a bottle to then next meeting to sample.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 am

jeff's Nogne clone. well it looked like a dead ringer, creamy tan head, stains the glass yellow. smelled wonderful. it has the chocolate but is missing the roasty, and is slightly too hoppy for me to call it cloned.

however, if you are a fan of old rasbutan, than you want his recipe, add just an oz. or two more roasted barley and it is a dead ringer! (in my opinion)

in my book that makes it a success (considering i am willing to drive to south dakota for it).

i will be kegging my clone today (i hope)

becareful drinking this one, it packs a punch (9+ABV), and is very drinkable.
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 am

ya i did think that was mikes but i have a keg that until i taste it i dunno what it is...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 am

JEFF THOUGHT THAT ONE MIGHT BE YOURS.
Back to top Go down
Michaeljeffreythomas

Michaeljeffreythomas

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 am

I left a my keg of maple brown ale at the club. I will have the club try it next meeting. That might the mystery keg you are seeing. It's a ball lock and I wrote my name on the side.
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Beer Dealer wrote:
although i have had my Nogne[spelling] in the keg for a month i did taste it today after i got the crud out of the feed tube..i thought it was froozen but wasnt..just was the settlings...it doesnt taste like the Nognei imperial stout but very different and drinkable for such a black beer..those that think they would not like a black one may not mind one...i also have my alt with the w007 yeast on tap now along with the one with 1056 yeast and another ryepa with different citrus'y note than the others i have done, i know most dont like my version but i drink them.maybe there to high abv for most likes.and also have a brown ale again and another mystery keg??? dont know....Jeff
I'll have to try your Nogne clone (can't do the ümlaut o thing), it sounds good. Though I didn't get around to trying your RyePA, I did have a few more samples than I should have of what I understood to be your alt, which I enjoyed greatly. Your brown was also a nice change of pace - I'd almost call it a "robust brown ale" instead of just a brown ale.

Mystery keg, huh? I'm sure it's better than all those darn mystery growlers I keep bringing!
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:39 pm

although i have had my Nogne[spelling] in the keg for a month i did taste it today after i got the crud out of the feed tube..i thought it was froozen but wasnt..just was the settlings...it doesnt taste like the Nognei imperial stout but very different and drinkable for such a black beer..those that think they would not like a black one may not mind one...i also have my alt with the w007 yeast on tap now along with the one with 1056 yeast and another ryepa with different citrus'y note than the others i have done, i know most dont like my version but i drink them.maybe there to high abv for most likes.and also have a brown ale again and another mystery keg??? dont know....Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Just kegged my Appeasement Ale, an experimental hybrid of the (Northern) German alt bier and British mild. Though I've taken tasting notes on the fermented beer while kegging, only time will determine how it ends up. So far, I'm pleased that the the two styles have melded so seamlessly to create a uniquely sessionable ale. If all goes well, I'll have some to share by the next meeting or the one after that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 pm

pale ale and hoptober clone 2 weeks in bottle

grapefruit ipa and orange cream ale in the fermenter
Back to top Go down
http://edelzer@hotmail.com
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 am

Randi and I just kegged the club pils and baltic porter yesterday since we were in the neighborhood. The pils was good, but I must say the baltic porter was like being next to Heaven (and that was uncarbed) - she did a good job on the recipe formulation. Anyway, they should be ready by the time we meet again. Sweet.

Today, I'm going to be kegging the split batch Belgian IPA that Mike Thomas and I did 2 weeks ago. Here's to hoping she's delicious!
Back to top Go down
mike frohlich

mike frohlich

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 am

In the keg(s):

Feast Like a Sultan IPA
Hammerhead Red
Black Shox Porter
Strawberry Wheat
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 am

just kegged my IPA, sitting in the mashers kegerator. wort had great floral with a tad of earthy spice aroma, plenty of bitter in taste, i can not wit to try it carbonated!

side note A and C were floated, only B and D left started on D yesterday. mmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

Mike Philleo

PostSubject: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:27 pm

After searching the forums for a while, I couldn't find a thread for recently kegged brews. Some folks had posted in the "In the Fermenter" thread, but that doesn't really make sense (to me, anyway). I think it'd be fun to add your impressions of any samples taken in the kegging process. Anyway, I'll start out with this one.

Randi and I just kegged my Dubbel Date Belgian style Ale brewed with organic dates. I apologize for essentially repeating what's on my FB, but this was the best description I could come up with after tasting the uncarbonated beer: "Possesses a light, delicate initial taste with floral and grain accents. The middle taste becomes phenolic and sweeter, with the dates becoming more heavy-handed. Finally, a balanced yeast profile fades to dark fruit and earthy leather."

(I also apologize in advance for just copying and pasting this onto ND Brewers, but they're missing the same thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Keg or Bottle   In the Keg or Bottle Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Keg or Bottle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muddy River Mashers :: General Discussion-
Jump to: