A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  CalendarCalendar  Calendar  FAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Share | 

Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
randi philleo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 am

Don't worry about it Dennis. I've made and printed off some short 'MRM Tasting' sheets. Hopefully this will encourage anyone else that wants opinions to do the same sort of evaluations.

The meeting minutes were pretty short, but they are up here.

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:23 am

brave, not really.

just glad that i got so many great responces. it does help. Randi if you want i will work on a short form, i kinda ran out of time (procrastinated a bit).

thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for the great meeting everyone! I wish I could have actually tasted more... stupid cold.

There were lots of great beers there, luckily the Plum Porter hit me early while I could still breathe and taste. It was very pleasant. Ted had a great example of a steam beer, you just don't see those enough. Eric's mead was great too, nice and light on the tongue, hopefully he can find the recipe for it again. Jayme's Porter had a lovely roasty flavor too, without being bitter. I know I'm forgetting a lot, so please don't take it personally if I didn't mention yours. There were so many good things to try.

I'd like to give props to Dennis for putting himself out there for taste evaluations. It's really a brave thing to do by putting your beers on the line for critiquing. I hope that if anyone else want's to get feedback on their brews that they think of using the Mashers to do so. In the future we may develop some shorter feedback forms customized to the MRM for this sole purpose. Either way, its great for the brewer to get true feedback, and its great for the club to be able to think about tasting.

Thanks again for the great meeting!

JaymeG

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:48 am

Agreed! drunken I had a GREAT time as well! I wish I could come to more of them meetings!
Back to top Go down
Mike Philleo

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 am

Even though we were sick, Randi and I had a great time last night. The meeting room is starting to get that casual feeling we all enjoy, plus a lot of folks came out of the woodwork with some great brews. My only regret is that I couldn't fully taste them due to my sickness, but I think the consensus was that we all drank well last night! Shoot, we even got to talk about spices a bit, too. Just wanted to thank everyone for coming and a great time.
Back to top Go down
dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:55 am

how did the meeting go? i wanted to be there soooo bad late night, the boys were tired and crabby, that included me!
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin

PostSubject: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm

It's been a long couple weeks off, but we're back on track tomorrow at Wheels Wings N Hobbies at 7pm. Please use the east side entrance to access the club meeting room and take a seat on one of our sofas. As always, you're encouraged to bring any brews you'd like to share or get some input on.

We'll cover the tasting session after we discuss the use of spices and non-grain adjuncts in brewing. After all, 'tis the season for spiced holiday ales! Since the decorating has been updated in our meeting room, things are looking much nicer, but we can always use a little more kitsch, so bring what you want hung up and put your own personal touch on the wall. (We're also looking for another couch, loveseat or other furnishings)

Also, not mentioned in the email reminder, if you have a photo of yourself brewing at home, please bring a copy with you to the next meeting to post on our new Brew Board.

Look forward to seeing everyone then!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10   

Back to top Go down

Meeting Reminder: 12/7/10
Page 1 of 1