Muddy River Mashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Muddy River Mashers Homebrew Club of Bismarck ND.

Home  Calendar  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  MRM Main Site  
This forum is no longer active!
For the new Muddy River Masher Forums, please visit MuddyRiverMashers.org.

Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkwandt

dkwandt

Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:02 pm

"thinkers" that what homebrewers are! LOL
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:38 pm

LOL! Yep, it is quite the machine. Now we gotta use it!

It wasn't too bad of a risk, we got a great deal on it. It wasn't something we had intended on doing so soon, but the offer was there and it wasn't going to wait around. We decided when we first purchased it that if it didn't seem like the club was getting enough use out of it that we would just sell it. Hopefully that's not a problem, but its always good to have an exit strategy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.muddyrivermashers.com
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:16 pm

wow i just realized I for got to mention the AWESOME ride in the "Masher Wagon". just teasing you a bit there mike!

i can say i think it was a great idea and the club should be thankful you were willing to take such a risk! Now the question, who in the world are you going to get to DD at a beer event? this might be the biggest mystery! better bring along the breath alyzer just in case Cool
Back to top Go down
Beer Dealer

Beer Dealer

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

""but now that we know about all those rooms in the back, we may have to move back there! Crap how many couches do you have?""

sometimes you just feel like a nap ...I just wonder what it would feel like to actually get one??
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwnh.net
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:34 am

Well said! For anyone that missed the meeting or needs a recap, the minutes have been posted on the site. I've been trying to keep up with those for the busier meetings.

Meeting Minutes 7/6/10
File Size: 200.5 kb
Meeting Minutes from July 6th, 2010.

Back to top Go down
dkwandt

dkwandt

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am

Good meeting mike. Nice to think outside the box, seems to be a lot of the whole premise to home brewing. Although currently i am working to fit into a style, keeping an open mind to other styles is a good idea. i liked the family of beers concept as apposed to the ridged styles we lock our selves into. I enjoyed the conversation on yeasts, starters and a like, I will be getting back to you guys on this topic in the near future! Very informative.

As for beers last night I would give the gold to mike’s Scottish ale, great oaky aroma, nice caramel, had a bourbon flavor, taste was outstanding. It is the first Scottish ale I would consider buying. Silver went to the 3 finger, which I would dedicate a tap to (if I had the system). And Jeb’s ESB was right on the heals of the three finger. Really appreciated the ESB’s taste and aroma.

Thanks again Jeff the store is a great place for the meetings, but now that we know about all those rooms in the back, we may have to move back there! Crap how many couches do you have?
Back to top Go down
randi philleo
Admin
randi philleo

PostSubject: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 am

Meeting Reminder: 7/6/10

Hey Mashers! We're meeting again! It seems like forever ago since we had our last one. Our next meeting is tonight, Tuesday July 6th. As always the meeting starts at 7pm at Wheels Wings-N-Hobbies in Mandan.

Mike Philleo will be taking a little time for a discussion on homebrewing with and without beer styles. So be sure to come by, bring some beer if you can or just your taste buds. There's sure to be club brews there to taste as well.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!   Meeting Tuesday, July 6th! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Tuesday, July 6th!
Page 1 of 1